1. Daily exercise is no joke. The quest to healthy is no joke.
My whole body has been sore for the longest time, seriously, even the soles of my feet hurt…but I’m determined that I will be healthy. I already see the difference, 2kgs down, 8 to go! Wish me luck.
2. Why is it we feel the need to share with the world just how perfect and together our lives are when they clearly aren’t?….. Instagram filters, Photoshop, snap chat filters, stupid I-woke-up-like-this hashtags… Would it hurt if the world realized we are imperfect? For that matter, would the world end? I am also guilty of this fact. So I can’t really point fingers. I just wonder would happen if for one day we acknowledge that our shit isn’t as together as we want everyone else to believe.
3. For that matter, I think that celebrities strive for perfection, in their lives, their bodies, so that we, common folk don’t get to harshly judge them. We’ve given them god-like status…the slightest imperfection is harshly pulled apart. They live in glass houses and that is no life for anyone.
4. I have never been anyone’s WCW ( Woman Crush Wednesday)…. I would really like to be someone’s WCW just to know what it feels like……is it vanity talking? Perhaps.
5. I love that I have been sleeping well these past few weeks. This is a pretty big deal for me since I have insomnia. Its been on and off for a very long time but for these past few weeks, I have been going to bed without any sleeping aid which is awesome
6. I am going to be hosted on the wonderful Fiona Laker’s blog this Tuesday. She has an on going series on weakness and I look forward to participating. It will be the first time I am hosted…..awesome things all round are happening.
7. My dear Beaton, I am penning your letter….I hope to be done by the end of next week. Looking up flowery words in the dictionary is hard work.
8. I interviewed (and I believe I’m still interviewing) a person who has fast become one of my very favorite poets. Seriously, take a look at this…… He has a book out called BLVCK ink…and I will soon be reviewing it. 😅 As well as posting our interview.
9. I set out to read 20 books this week. Unfortunately adulting couldn’t allow me to indulge myself, I only got as far as 13, adulting sucks.😫 if I had one wish, I’d wish for a job where all I do is read. Publishing companies, please hear my wish.
10. Have y’all looked at Sharon’s latest series? She’s talking about the first few days after a wedding. Check it out.
The Man with whom I share my Bed(1)
11. If I haven’t said it before, let me say it, I love Sinawo Bukani…
Happy Sunday every one!